“Branding” is one of those constantly used buzzwords regarding marketing a product, a service, or a person. It is an important part of making your presence known to others and making sure they know something about you. Social media has brought personal branding to the masses. Whether it is Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs, or countless other mediums, you now have tools easily and freely at your immediate disposal.
Personal branding is especially important when you are trying to stand out in this ever competitive job market. Optometry has focused mostly on utilizing social media for marketing practices in local communities. There are very few in the optometric field utilizing the power of social media for their careers.
Keys to using Social Media effectively in your job search
- Be personable, but professional.
- Don’t make everything public. Make private anything you would not want a potential employer to see. As a recruiter I am looking for your social media presence online, and employers are doing it, too.
- Completely fill out your profile information if you want others to find and communicate with you.
- Showcase your skills, abilities, experience, and personality.
- Utilize customized URLs such as www.linkedin.com/in/mdkennedy or www.facebook.com/ETSvision .
- Ask others to add recommendations to your LinkedIn profile.
- Be an Active Participant in order to be noticed and recognized!
Helpful links to check out on this subject:
- The Online Resources You Must Use for Recruiters to Find You
- How to Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Professional Branding
About ETS Vision
ETS Vision is a recruiting firm that specializes in the search and placement of Optometrists and Ophthalmologists for independent practices across the country. Our commitment is to identify, recruit, and place world–class doctors with world–class eye care practices. That means we network with hundreds of potential prospects daily. As part of the MRINetwork™––the largest and most successful recruiting business in the world–we have the combined power of over 1,000 offices in more than 35 countries. This relationship allows us to provide the proven tools and techniques that it takes to understand our clients’ needs, partner with them and consistently deliver positive results. At ETS Vision, we are not in the business of just filling Optometrist jobs or Ophthalmologist jobs. Our focus is on fulfilling a long–term opportunity for the Eye Doctor Candidate and Eye Care practice.
If you’re ready for a change, call us today at (540) 491–9103 and visit www.etsvision.com to view current opportunities across the U.S.