- Job ID:
- Walla Walla, WA
Medical Optometry practice in a FQHC located just west of Walla Walla seeks a FT O.D.
A well-established community health-based practice is expanding and is looking to add a full-time optometrist.
Boasting good schools, health care facilities, faith communities, numerous retail/professional opportunities, recreational areas, and predominantly good weather, it’s a place where people put down roots and raise families in a safe, forward-thinking, active environment.
Some of the perks of living in this quaint, small town are:
- Recreation features include 15 miles of pathway overlooking Columbia River, 20 soccer fields, 24 public tennis courts, a 50-meter pool, a professional golf course, and a stadium with a turf field and a 10-lane, all-weather running track
- Mild climate with 300 days of sunshine per year and an average high temp of 66 degrees
- Low Cost of Living – This town has been rated #1 in the country for its rising housing market as well as rating in the top ten for “Most Affordable Places to live in Washington”
Responsibilities of the Optometrist (OD):
- Cases include glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, keratoconus, amblyopia (refractive), neuro issues, red eyes, & iritis and autoimmune inflammatory conditions
- Opportunity for specialty RGP and scleral fittings
- VT experience a plus
- Full age range of patients (pediatric to geriatric)
- Residency training and/or experience in a medical setting preferred
- Automated VF machine, OCT, topo, autorefraction, pachymetry, fundus photography, automated blood pressure machine, scleral lens fitting set
- Average 20-25 patients a day
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required (Spanish or Arabic)
Benefits for the Optometrist (OD) position:
- Work hours: Mon–Fri 8-5 No Saturdays!
- Techs do all pre-testing, special testing, HPIs, medical history, blood and eye pressure readings, and dilation drops
- Possibility of scribe if production is met
- Sign-on and relocation bonus potential
- Salary based on experience with bonus structure
- Video and in-person translation services available when needed
- Benefits include Health and Dental (avail. immediately!), license, malpractice, FSA, 403b with matching, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, personal holiday, EAP, free immunizations
- Ability to make a difference in your community
Requirements of the Optometrist (OD):
- Doctor of Optometry degree (OD)
- Willing to go above and beyond for patient care
- Dedication to mission and service
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
Make all inquiries directly through Katie Mares
Job Code: WA-KM-4522-1122
ETS Vision specializes in recruiting Optometrists and Ophthalmologists for top practices across the country. All conversations and inquiries are completely confidential. All fees are paid by the client (hiring/selling practice). If you are now or will be seeking an opportunity, send your resume/CV TODAY!