- Job ID:
- Iowa City, IA
Well established Iowa City practice has full-time optometrist opening – potential partnership!
A well-established practice has a great opportunity to work between two locations that are three miles apart. Partnership potential in two – three years. Private owned company seeking a full-time Optometrist!
Some background on Iowa City, IA, which is the state’s fifth-largest city. Johnson County, where Iowa City is located in, is the second-fastest growing county in Iowa, after Dallas County near Des Moines, according to a new report published by the Iowa Data Center on April 22, 2019.
Niche.com gave Iowa City an A+ overall Niche Grade rating (https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/iowa-city-johnson-ia/). This rating covers Public Schools, Housing, Good for Families, Crime & Safety, Nightlife and Diversity.
Iowa City packs a lot of cultural and recreational opportunities within its college-town charm. It’s home to a happening farmers market and the University of Iowa. It’s also a place where pianos are placed at popular gathering spots in the summer, and where residents cover trees with sweaters in the wintertime.
Highlights of the practice opportunity are:
Responsibilities of the Optometrist (OD):
- Practice is open to performing more medical
- Perform comprehensive eye health and vision examinations
- Doctor does pre-screening
- Contact Lens & Specialty Lens fittings
- Patient focused – 16 patients a day
- Full age range of patients
- EHR – ExamWRITER software
- Counsel patients regarding their vision needs
Benefits for the Optometrist (OD) position:
- Work hours: Mon – Fri 9:30 – 5:30, Sat 9-2 other location 10-5
- Work schedule is negotiable – work 5 days a week
- Potential partnership
- Health, Malpractice & Disability insurance offered
- Two weeks PTO
- $120K – $130K potential base salary + incentives
- W-2 Employee
Requirements of the Optometrist (OD):
- Doctor of Optometry degree (OD)
- Prefer license to practice in the state of IA
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
ETS Vision specializes in recruiting Optometrists and Ophthalmologists for top practices across the country. All conversations and inquiries are completely confidential. All fees are paid by the client (hiring/selling practice). If you are now or will be seeking an opportunity, send your resume/CV TODAY!