- Job ID:
- Big Island, HI
MD/OD practice on Big Island, HI seeking Full-time Optometrist. Lots of pathology. Mon-Fri only.
Well-established MD/OD practice searching for a full time Optometrist to practice at surgical- focused practice. Lots of pre-ops and post-ops exams.
Living on Big Island Hawaii offers some opportunities for managing costs that aren’t available on the other islands. It offers all the natural and cultural benefits of Hawaii without being too secluded. The island is a natural paradise.
The Big Island has some of the most affordable housing of the state.
A side note: The water of Hawaii is known for being pure and clear. This isn’t just the ocean water around the shores, but also the drinking water. It gets naturally filtered by the volcanic rock the island is made of when passing through underground aquifers.
Key highlights of the practice:
- Well-established Full Scope MD/OD practice that is surgical focused
- OCT, fully stocked medical equipment
- Patient base covers all ages and income levels
Responsibilities of the Optometrist (OD):
- Lots of Cataract Surgery, LASIK, ICL, Retina Conditions, Glaucoma, Oculoplastic Surgery
- See 2-3 patients an hour
- Tech does pre-test and history
- EHR – EyeMD
- Work 5 days a week, Mon-Fri – NO Saturdays
- Counsel patients regarding their vision needs
Salary & Benefits for the Optometrist (OD) position:
- Salary based upon experience
- Benefits include Health, CE, PTO, Retirement, moving reimbursement, credentialing, license
- W-2 Employee
Requirements of the Optometrist (OD):
- Doctorate of Optometry degree (OD)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
Prefer O.D. licensed to practice in HI.
Job Code: HI-MG-4333
Schedule an appointment to talk at OnceHub.
Make all inquiries directly through Michael Guessford
Phone: (540) 491-9105
ETS Vision specializes in recruiting Optometrists and Ophthalmologists for top practices across the country. All conversations and inquiries are completely confidential. All fees are paid by the client (hiring/selling practice). If you are now or will be seeking an opportunity, send your resume/CV TODAY!