- Job ID:
- Bakersfield, CA
MD/OD practice seeking Optometrist that could earn $130K-$160K first year! Includes a dedicated Scribe & Tech, full benefits, Mon-Fri only!
A multi-specialty private medical/surgical practice focused on modern, full-service eye care is looking to for an optometrist. This well-established practice seeks a doctor to diagnose, manage, and treat conditions and diseases of the eye and visual system; as well as provide routine and comprehensive eye exams to the community.
Bakersfield is centrally located to be about two hours from the beach, Los Angeles and Fresno. Smoothmoveusa.com states that “Living in Bakersfield costs slightly more than the national average, but significantly less than living in other areas of California. According to livability.com, the median home value here is just $265,864, compare this to California’s median home value of $539,800 according to valuepenguin.com.
According to greatschools.org, many schools in Bakersfield received 8 out of 10 rating, or above average rating. Additionally, “Bakersfield also enjoys a stunning 272 sunny days per year. The average temperature here almost always stays above 45 degrees, though the heat can crank up to the mid-90s at the height of Summer.”
Responsibilities of the Optometrist (OD):
- OCT, Retinal Camera, Visual Field, etc.
- Diagnose ocular disease and vision disorders
- Perform comprehensive eye health and vision examinations
- Dedicated Scribe and a Tech
- Start out seeing 3-4 patients an hour
- Must be able to see kids, at least 2 years and older
- Counsel patients regarding their vision needs
Benefits for the Optometrist (OD) position:
- Work Monday – Friday, NO WEEKENDS!
- Health, Dental, Malpractice, Disability and CE, 401-K, AOA Dues
- $130K base -$160K attainable first year
- W-2 Employee
Requirements of the Optometrist (OD):
- Doctorate of Optometry degree (OD)
- Prefer license to practice in the state of CA
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
Make all inquiries directly through Michael Guessford
Phone: (540) 491-9105
ETS Vision specializes in recruiting Optometrists and Ophthalmologists for top practices across the country. All conversations and inquiries are completely confidential. All fees are paid by the client (hiring/selling practice). If you are now or will be seeking an opportunity, send your resume/CV TODAY!