President, Owner and Managing Director
I started ETS (Executive Talent Search) in 2000 as an affiliate of The MRINetwork, the largest search and recruitment organization in the world. During the first year we realized the importance of focusing all our time and expertise on a single market and ETS Dental was born. Since that time ETS has grown every year. ETS consists of three very talented teams of more than twenty-five recruiting professionals who have successfully placed thousands of Clinical, Scientific, Engineering and Leadership professionals including Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, Dentists, Dental Specialists, COO’s/Office Managers, Engineers, and Scientists with clients in all 50 states and 5 countries. We are currently ranked in the top 10 of more than 700 MRINetwork Affiliates world-wide. Our specialized recruiting practices include:
- ETS Vision – Launched in 2008 ETS Vision has quickly become recognized as the leading search and recruitment firm for Optometrists and Ophthalmologists in the country. We cater to the needs of independent practices and regional groups.
- ETS Dental – Recognized as the leading search and recruitment firm for Dentists, Dental Specialists and Dental Management Professionals in the country. We cater to the needs of independent practices and regional groups having placed thousands of Dentists and Specialists with thousands of practices across the country.
- ETS Tech-Ops – Specializes in finding and placing Material Science Engineers, Scientists, Product Development and Manufacturing Leadership with Material Science focused companies around the globe.
Our ETS Vision Recruiting team are experts in finding and placing Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, COO’s/Regional Directors and Practice Managers. Our team consists of three tenured Optometrist Recruiters, two Ophthalmology Recruiters and one Practice Management Recruiter. This team is backed by a six person Recruiter Support team and an India based research team. Recruiting for Optometrists, Ophthalmologists and Practice Management Professionals is all they do.
I LOVE THIS BUSINESS!
Years ago, it became very clear to me that the key to becoming a successful business or practice was building, retaining, and motivating a world-class team. I have started a business from scratch, moved to another state for a great opportunity and juggled the obligations of being a husband and a father of four while building a successful business.
As a professional recruiter, it was my job to find a long-term fit for my client and my candidate. In my current role, it is my job to provide our growing team of tenured Account Executives/Recruiters with the best databases, training, technology, tools and support available so their recruiting services to our clients and candidates are second to none. When it comes to our clients, we realize there are few business decisions more important than finding the right person for their organization. When it comes to our candidates, we also realize there are few decisions that are more personal and more important than a career change.
Anyone can email resumes or CVs. It takes a professional to truly understand the needs of both the clients and candidates we serve.
My previous experience includes:
- Vice President of a Leading IT Contract Staffing Firm in the Southeast.
- Director/General Manager of the OEM/Route Management Division of the World’s Leading High Security Lock Company.
- National Advertising Manager – National Advertising Manager for a Specialty Niche Insurance company.
- Market Research – Conducted database and direct marketing research projects for clients of one of the world’s largest Global Advertising Agencies.
I grew up on a grape farm in the Finger Lakes Area of New York State. I earned a BS in Business from Rochester Institute of Technology and an MBA from Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH. My Wife Sharon and I reside in Roanoke VA. We have four great kids. Heather earned her Masters in Elementary Education and Bachelors in Historic Preservation from University of Mary Washington. David earned his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from Virginia Tech. Ben is a Junior at Virginia Tech majoring in Finance, Certified Financial Planner Track, Samantha is a Freshman at Virginia Tech majoring in Business.